Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mom isn't letting me have a pet snake is because she doesn't want mice in the freezer. Solutions?

Yes, I absolutely need frozen mice because I don't want my corn snake getting hurt. Is there anyway I can like put a tarp over the bag or something? :P Just solutions that would make her feel more comfortable with it being in the freezer.Mom isn't letting me have a pet snake is because she doesn't want mice in the freezer. Solutions?
Considering you are putting dead mice in a storage area for your family's food, I have to agree with her. It's not very sanitary. Perhaps you could find another storage area, it might make her happy.Mom isn't letting me have a pet snake is because she doesn't want mice in the freezer. Solutions?
why cant u just become my pet? i would feed u food and pet your head.. and even walk u around the beach without a collar..
Wrap the mice up in a small black garbage bag and throw it in a Ziploc bag. Out of sight, out of mind.





Are you buying from a reputable feeder store? The idea of putting pet store bought feeder mice in with my food makes me nervous.
Buy a separate freezer and keep them in there
I don't know about that one personally I would not want to keep mice in my freezer...





I don't know how offen they eat or pretty much nothing about them why don't you go to the pet store and buy one when they need it or something?





Im not sure good luck on this one!
Tell your mother that ziplock baggies will keep out any mouse smell from affecting the other food in the freezer.
Well, I had a similar problem with my Mum. I didn't tell her/ she didn't hear that I needed to keep mice in the freezer until a week before I got my first corn snake.





Tell your mum that the mice that you will get are actually cleaner than a frozen chicken that you would put in there (its true, frozen/ thawed supermarket chickens are real health hazards), as the mice are raised especially for snake food, so will be very clean. I keep my mice in the brown paper bag I buy them in, and put this in a normal plastic bag which I loosely tie off. This is just so that Mum doesn't have to see them. I put this in the bottom drawer of the freezer along with the frozen chicken. If you can put them into zippy bags and get most of the air out, then they should actually last longer, which is a bonus.


I also defrost my mice in a butter tub again so that no one has to look at them.





Hope it helps





P.S: I completely agree with you using thawed mice, as it is so much safer and easier than using live. I don't actually know why people still feed live prey if their snake will accept thawed.
Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Pet Foods
buy a mini fridge to put them in and put them in yuur room . hopefuly no one else in yuur house hold smells the stench ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment