Sunday, February 7, 2010

I think I may have a rat or a mouse in my house. How can you tell if you have mice/rats?

I smell a rat... I thinkI think I may have a rat or a mouse in my house. How can you tell if you have mice/rats?
If you have rodents in your home their droppings will be easy to find in drawers, closets, under appliances and around food prep areas. Mice leave Rice size poo and rats are more the size of a Pinto Bean. Finding the droppings will tells you what size trap you will need to look for. A strong smell might be a dead rodent. You will have to look carefully in the general area the smell is coming from. Use gloves and thongs to get rid of the corpse. If the smell is inside a wall you will just have to wait for the smell to go away.I think I may have a rat or a mouse in my house. How can you tell if you have mice/rats?
If you have a rodent in your house you will see signs of droppings. You will also sometimes see shredded paper in the area they are calling home. Go to the hardware store or to the hardware section of a store and buy a mouse trap. Buy several, set them with cheese peanut butter or whatever you have available. Put them in the area you smell the smell the most and you should be able to catch the rodent. GOOD LUCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment