Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I have multiple mice on my Windows PC. How to configure one as right-handed and the other as left-handed?

A previous wonderer posed the following question:





';You may be wondering why on earth would you want two mice connected to your computer? It is simple I have a game called Ricochet Infinity which is a breakout type game and it has a sort of multiplayer feature. now in order to be able to play against someone you have to have multiple mice hooked up to your computer. I usually play that by myself(to give myself a challenge) by using both mice by myself but I have a hard time getting used to my left hand because the buttons are configured for the right hand. I would like to know if there is a way to change the left mouse's buttons without changing the right mouse button configuration buttons so that the right mouse has the button configuration for a right handed person while the left mouse has the button configuration for a left handed person. If that is possible can anyone tell me how?';





(question ID 20081016082245AA3zz9b)


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081016082245AA3zz9b





The ';best answer';, as chosen by voters -- and thus exemplifying well the virtue of our 'democratic' values was this:





';you go to options and control settings';





Now I don't think this information was helpful in any way, although it was chosen by seven voters and voted against by none. Unfortunately I don't get to vote, since I'm a tycho here. Nevertheless, I am quite knowledgeable about computers.





Obviously one can change the /mouse/ from left-handed to right-handed and vice versa from Control Panel -%26gt; Mouse. I'm sure the original asker of the question already knows /this/. But Control Panel doesn't take into consideration the question of /mice/, in the plural.





The problem the asker is having is that in configuring the 'mouse' via the Windows control panel, both mice are configured /identically/, whereas he/she would wish them to be configured /oppositely/! As far as /I/ can tell, it doesn't seem possible to have two mice configured thus in Windows XP (nor, apparently, in KDE, as I discovered while researching this issue in other forums), i.e. one left-handed, and the other right-handed.





I'm wondering the same thing as the original poster, and no one has yet provided a sufficient answer. I'll be back to share a solution, of course, if I find one independently. In the meantime I would appreciate any more, er... thoughtful replies.I have multiple mice on my Windows PC. How to configure one as right-handed and the other as left-handed?
I don't think it's possible. one of the many features microsoft never thought of including is multiple separate mice and keyboards.


I share the dual problem with multiplayer frets on fire and 2 keyboardsI have multiple mice on my Windows PC. How to configure one as right-handed and the other as left-handed?
It is possible with a $20 program called ';mouse manager'; from someone called ';kingz software';. 30-day tryout.

Report Abuse



I successfully did this before my computer was replaced by IT. I had the original mouse configured for left hand use....then I plugged in a new mouse (microsoft intellimouse) and it brought up a slightly different mouse manager software, and I just used the default settings and it was right handed.

Report Abuse



I am in the process of trying to repeat my settings on my new computer (same Win XP and user profile and everything) but haven't quite figured it out, yet.

Report Abuse

No comments:

Post a Comment